Sunday 4 February 2018

Your Challenge Cards


Happy 18th Birthday
Sophie and Lucy



Good Morning Ladies,

First of all today I would like to wish my Beautiful Daughters Sophie & Lucy a very Happy 18th Birthday, I hope you have a fantastic day, you both make us very proud. XXXX

Michele set your challenge this week, the challenge was to make any card that features something 'floral'. 
Well it's safe to say you loved this challenge, I have some absolutely gorgeous cards to share with you today......

Margaret

Margaret used Stampin'Up! Petal Palette' stamp set to create this beautiful Challenge card. It makes such a difference adding some matting and layering to draw your ete into the image. Your Card making goes from strength to strength Margaret, you must be so pleased when you can create an ''all stamped " card.                                                Thank you so much for taking part Margaret.
XXX

Lilian


Lilian made two stunning Challenge Cards this week, both totally different.  The first card is amazing Lilian, please let me know how you acheived that effect, is it embossed in white and then coloured?                                                                                 The second card has a Basket Weave embossed background, Brick wall mask for background effect and a pretty sunflower with a micro beaded centre.  Such a fun and tactile card.
Thank you so much for taking part Lilian.
XXX

 Maria


Maria also made two beautiful Challenge Cards, the first uses a pretty floral image in pinks and purples and has a tiny butterfly resting on the flower and for extra cuteness a tiny hedgehog in a hammock in the top corner.                                              Maria's second card has a pretty floral background paper behind a frame of cream linen card, Maria has embellished this pretty card with some pretty sparkles and a Happy Birthday die cut that has been die cut twice in two complementary colours to make the greeting stand out.  Thank you so much Maria for taking part this week, I hope you have a lovely weekend in Colchester. 
XXX

 Lynda

Lynda has made a Stunning Floral Challenge Card this week, it's so bright and cheerful, just what we need right now......

I used Tim Holtz corner die's that cut into the card I backed it with my favourite northern lights backing. Papers.then I cut 4 sue Wilson sweetheart flowers.in same colour ways. I added some little yellow beads in the centre. Stamped a sentiment cut out with Sue's stitched flags.                                                                                                     Thank you so much for taking part, I hope you are feeling less battered and bruised today .
XXX

 Michele


Michele made another two Cards for this week's challenge, the first is a STUNNING floral wreath style card, here is Michele'' description......

'Second challenge card-made using the free gift from this months Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine. I used colour core card for the embossed circle & some scraps of card fo the other embellishments.'

Michele's second card is a beautiful monochrome card, made using an amazing Free die, here is Michele's description...

'Challenge card-made using free die from this months Diecutting Essentials magazine plus some Gemstones.'

Thank you so much Michele for both setting this week's Challenge and creating three fantastic cards.
XXX


 Janet

Oh Janet, such a beautiful card, I love the pretty butterflies and that delicate background paper. I will add Janet's description below...

'
Thank you so much for taking part this week Janet.
XXX


Karen 



Karen made 3 fantastic and very different cards for this week's Challenge, Karen you are so amazingly talented, your cards are incredible.  Here are Karen's descriptions......

Card 1:
Another challenge card for you It’s an SW design It means It’s 2 rectangles cut diagonally which means I have another 2 pieces to make another card The flowers are the complete and open daisies by SW and good old Topsy Turvy card again Simple but effective.

Card 2:
Here’s my cc It’s a mixture of Serif card ScanNCut cut circles SW embossing folder and Marissa Bouquet flowers and leaves die 

Card 3: 
This is my first attempt at using the Pop usb for ScanNCut But not too sure about this as as the older USB’s don’t have the nice instruction booklet they seem to be doing with the newer ones.

Thank you so much Karen for 3 fantastic cards. 
XXX

Thank you ladies, you are all amazing and very kind for supporting my challenge.

Today will mostly be helping my Girls celebrate their 18th Birthday!!

Have a lovely day ladies,

Love and hugs

Sandra
xxxxxx





28 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    WOW this week's Challenge has a really Spring like feel even if the weather says different.

    We have so many that it's a good thing we had extra boards made some time ago so they all can be displayed to their best. Once again not one card resembles another. I love seeing how we all interpret one single theme.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY - SOPHIE AND LUCY - I'm sure you will have a super day whatever you all get up to.

    Today we're off to visit Christina as it's her birthday on Tuesday so we're delivering presents and cake and then all going out to lunch. It's a restaurant we (Jim and I) haven't been to before but Christina and Robert have in Wirksworth a village near them.

    The CAFE is OPEN but once again sorry no lunch menu again today. Normal Service will be resumed next Sunday lol.

    Have a good day everyone and HUGS are winging their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely card Janet. Very pretty butterfly.
      Enjoy your lunch.x

      Delete
    2. Hi Janet
      A lovely card today, and I love the butterflies. I saw some nice butterflies in the world at Lechlade last week which I nearly bought. But I know that Margaret bought some nice tiny butterflies from Robert Adams which I liked as well. Enjoy your lunch with Christina. Happy birthday Christina.

      Delete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Happy 18th Birthday to Sophie & Lucy-hope you have a wonderful day.

    What a great collection of challenge cards today. It does make you think that Spring is here despite me looking out a a very heavy frost. The usual housework to do this morning plus a lot of glasses left from last night that need washing by hand. My brother & Sister in Law didn’t leave until quite late last night so I think it will be a quiet, relaxing day today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele. Hope you can have a nice relaxing day after housework is done.x

      Delete
    2. Hi Michele
      Two lovely cards today. Thanks for setting the challenge.
      I hope you've gad a relaxing day after doing the housework and washing up your glasses.

      Delete
  3. Hello All from a very battered and bruised me! I now have a usb stick inside the top of my left boob, I won’t describe how it was done in case any of you need one at some point.

    What a wonderful lot of cards today, all very different. but just as lovely.
    My first card is for my daughters birthday. she likes c&s cards. It’s my favourite floral stamp. White embossing powder on water colour card, wet into wet.

    Lastly but not Least, I’d like to wish both of your very beautiful daughters a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE AND LUCY, hope you have a great day.

    Have a good Sunday whatever you are doing, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lilian, poor you, that sounds so sore. Hope it eases very soon. Sending hugs.xxx

      Delete
    2. Ooh Lilian I feel your pain Take care

      Delete
    3. Lilian I hope you soon start to feel better, hugs on way.xxx

      Delete
    4. Hi Lilian
      Two super cards today. Love the flower stamp you've used on the first card.
      Poor you Lilian its sounds very painful. I wonder if it's a similar procedure to having a pacemaker fitted. But that's inserted just under the skin. I hope your feeling better soon.

      Delete
    5. Hi Lillian, That sounds really painful. I hope it will help your problems and give you a better quality of life. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi all, beautiful cards on display today everyone. All different and all so lovely.
    For the first time since I got back from my hols I feel like going in my craft room today. I'm going to put the air con on to warm the room up. Its really cold here in Spain at the moment and you know I can't cope with the cold.
    Wishing your beautiful girls a very happy 18thbbirthday Sandra. Hope you celebrate in style.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val
      Sounds like your feeling much better if your feeling like going into your craftroom. We have our heating on as it's bitter cold here as well. I don't like the cold either, hope it gets warmer here soon.

      Delete
  5. Another brilliant display of cards Thank you JANET for the extra display boards
    There are lots of ideas that have really inspired me
    For instance I love MARIA’s simple but so effective way of making a background paper a beautiful focal point MICHELE’s die on an envelope They are all glorious though
    Finishing clearing the kitchen today ready for the builders tomorrow My OH has worked so hard to clear out the rubbish and cupboards etc

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY AND SOPHIE xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      Three great cards today. I especially like to first card. Such a simple idea. I sat doing a bit more Groovi work ready for Thursday where I'm going for a class.
      Hope the kitchen refurb goes well. I darent think what is in my cupboards. Oh needs a pat on the back for having a clear out.We have a man coming to look at our French doors which we're hoping to replace tomorrow evening. Plus I'd like to have a door in my kitchen reduced in width so I can replace by old freezer.

      Delete
  6. WISHING LUCY AND SOPHIE A VERY HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY. I HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY.
    Great cards ladies today. I'll have a better look later.
    Loved yesterday's post ladies. I think my comment must have got lost in cyber space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    First HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY LUCY & SOPHIE 🎂🎉📦 have a wonderful day.
    Wow gorgeous / stunning challenge cards this morning & again not one the same. We have yes rain today & very cold. Not a lot going on this morning.
    JANET I have my swear word IRONING!!!, 👕👚👖👗😧then hopefully craft room I have a couple of projects in my head to try probably end up in the bin.
    LILIAN sounds nasty having a USB inserted hope your not to sore today. I love your 1st card it's beautiful sending you gentle Hug's xx
    SUE I hope your feeling much better today gentle Hug's on the way.
    VAL I hope your also feeling better now. Sending you gentle Hug's.
    SANDRA have you finished cleaning the bungalow now. I just feel you have done all that backbreaking cleaning for nothing when they rip the front & back windows out I can see all your hard work covered in dust. Gentle Hug's.xx
    This is the third time I've done this comment lost first one as power went off.second one wouldn't publish. Hoping this one behave's.
    I will start my ironing now CU has gone back to💤😴.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      What a lovely card today. Love the backing paper you've used. I've asked Clarity if they could do their papers in smaller sized packs. I'd love to get a couple of them but don't really want to buy 48 at a time. So watch this space. Hope you managed to do all your ironing, I had hardly any to do this week. Weren't I lucky. Gentle hugs coming your way, after your fling with the floor.

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra please wish Lucy & Sophie a very happy 18th birthday & hope you all enjoy today.xxx
    A lovely lot of cards on display today, they are all beautiful.xxx
    Val pleased to see you back in your craft room, enjoy.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret
      Lovely stamping you've done on this card.

      Delete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY SOPHIE and LUCY. Enjoy your special day. XX

    I don’t know what happened yesterday, I did post a message and checked it published. Then during the evening I looked on the blog and it wasn’t there. I think the cyber gremlins are up to their shenanigans again!

    I love all of the cards today, each one so different You really have excelled yourself again ladies.

    Sandra and Paul I hope you have a lovely day celebrating this milestone birthday with your babies, it’s frightening isn’t it, the years just seem to fly by from being cute little bungles to growing up to become beautiful young ladies. Sending my love and best wishes to you and all the family.

    Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday, love and hugs Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda
      I had that trouble yesterday as well. The gremlins sure are having fun this week with the comments.
      Hope you've gad a nice eelaxing day.

      Delete
  10. Hi Sandra nod ladies. Not to sure what I was expecting weather wise today as the weather forecast says it's going to be really cold this week. Apparently it could go down to -7 but whether this applies to us. It's cold today but no rain thank goodness. Karen (Pete's daughter. ) says the ground where she keeps her horses is sodden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today. Just a quick hi and to see if this will publish..... here goes xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, at last it actually worked😁
    Firstly must wish Lucy and Sophie a Very Happy Birthday girls. I hope you have had a lovely birthday weekend xx
    Im not going to write much as I have been doing that but not managing to get it published so just want to say that you are all sharing so many beautiful cards, and other crafts too.
    Lilian, sending healing hugs x
    Lynda gentle hugs for you xx
    Karen, thank you for Penny's cardigan. I know Tim and Roz are going to be delighted with it. I'm saying thank you here as our internet is really playing up so can't trust being able to email etc and that's with the new providers!!! Good luck with the kitchen x
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Hope you have your voice back.����love you.xxx

      Delete