Sunday 18 February 2018

Your Challenge cards



Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Michele sent me a photo of the above card to share with you all last weekend and when I saw it I decided the theme for this week's Challenge would be anything with wings, I must say that you seem to have liked the challenge as you have made some stunning Challenge Cards......


Val

Val has used a 'Kaleidoscope' of Butterflies for her winged theme, such a pretty stamp Val, I really like that you had kept the colour scheme and style simple, it looks super stylish and very modern, I love it !  
Thank you for taking part. 
XXX

Maria



Maria has shared 3 bright and beautiful Challenge cards this week,the first a lovely Children's card, showing plane flying over the countryside. The second card features the beautiful flower fairy,  such a pretty image Maria and you have shown it off perfectly on this amazing card.  Maria's final card is so Cheerful, featuring a gorgeous embossed background (love that folder), Maria has sanded the background slightly, highlighting the embossed background even more,  3 majestic butterflies finish the card, it wouldn't really brighten someone's day Maria, thank you so much for taking part. 
XXX


 Lynda

Lynda has used a 'Joy Crafts' Silhouette stamp to create this beautiful card, I will add Lynda's description below:

"My challenge card
I used a clear stamp from Joy crafts
Silhouette women . I stamped a few more butterflys & die cut three small butterflys added pearls.& added a wooden embellishments sentiment from beautiful you stamp set
Background I just inked lightly on with some fossilized amber oxide
Hope you like it."
An amazing card Thank you so much Lynda.
XXX


Janet


Janet made two Challenge cards this week, the first featuring Airplane 'Wings' on a card thats perfect for a Male Birthday or Father's Day card.
Janet's second card features adorable Silhouette Fairies, such a pretty, feminine card finished beautifully at the corners with those tiny applique Hearts.
Thank you so much Janet for taking part. 
XXX


Lilian

Lilian, to me your card looks like a hand painted work of art, I absolutely love that majestic looking Kingfisher, you have coloured him beautifully, your sky looks Watercoloured, the iris flowers are so detailed.  What a wonderful gift to give someone. Thank you so much for sharing your card Lilian.
XXX

Michele


Michele made 2 more cards for this week's challenge, the first features Owl's, such a cute topper from 'Little Clare' that Michele has framed beautifully with the black die cut frame, Michele has added that to a card base topped with a piece of matching coloured paper from a watercolour pad from the Works.  
Michele's second card is a great Man card, with a funny sentiment, it is a topper from Hunkydory, It really works on the tartan background Michele, thank you for taking part. 
XXX

Margaret

Margaret has used a really pretty detailed die cut to create her Challenge card this week, simply die cut in white and laid over a Navy blue background, it's a classic combination that really works, a lovely card Margaret, thank you so much for taking part.
XXX

Brenda

Brenda, such a gorgeous card! Brenda used the Flora Die that she won on Sue Wilson's Blog, die cut in Lavender, which she placed into an aperture made with the same die into a lilac card, it works so well and is such a pretty die.  To embellish the card Brenda cut some different sized butterflies in lavender card and layered them with some tulle, it gives such a pretty detail to their wings.
I love your card Brenda, thank you so much for taking part.
XxX

Ladies thank you so much for taking part in this week's challenge, I am so very grateful for your time and effort. 

Well it's the final day at the bungalow today, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do, I got it almost complete so would like the satisfaction of finishing the job, just the lounge to do really. Wish me luck!!

Have a lovely Sunday ladies,

Love and hugs

Sandra
xxxxxx


14 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Well the display boards are full once more making the CAFE look really colourful.
    Everyone has created beautiful cards and butterflies were definitely the winner this week.

    SANDRA- good luck today. Tomorrow you can really start making the new house your home.

    The CAFE is open and the lunch menu today is Roast Pork so place your orders.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      I hope it's a bit warmer where you are today. It's quite cold here.
      Love the card with the motor bike, car and aeroplane. I assume it's a topper and great for a man. Great hills on your fairy card as well.

      Delete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Fantastic selection of challenge cards today. All do different and did the same theme.

    We have a bright sunny start to the day here, housework to do this morning then hopefully Crafting this afternoon.

    Pat-you’re a comment winner on Sue Wilson’s blog today. Well done.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      Now I've just realised seeing your owls that I did a card with an owl awhile back which I could have sent to Sandra. Never mind, perhaps next time if wings come up again. Great second card as well, like ajanets card it's great for a mans card. Sunny but cold here today. Wonder what I win on Sues blog,

      Delete
  3. I have been so looking forward to seeing the cards today as I just knew I wouldn't be able to take part I had the time but as OH is still on leave I didn't like to keep disappearing into my craft room So lots if knitting instead
    What a huge relief that you can finally say goodbye to the bungalow SANDRA It'll probably be tinged with a little sadnes as that's where your family grew up but you have some wonderful memories that'll stay in your heart
    The cards are amazing Butterfies may have won but they are all so very different
    Right I think today we are going to make a final decision on the wall tiles for the kitchen
    OH is such a pain as he keeps saying - you choose and then when I do he turns around, screws his nose up and says "I don't like that" Argh! But then I am colour blind and so quite often value his opinion
    Maybe dancing later .... We'll see
    Have a lovely day and roast pork sounds delicious JANET - please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      OH sounds just like Pete, except he always did that with holiday destinations. In the end I gave up and just booked. He always enjoyed it wherever we went.
      Hope you both manage to decide on what you want.
      Pete met a man in the JR when he had his Bowel Cancer who had Chroens disease ( not to sure if that's the correct spelling though ). In the end he contracted MRSA and was in hospital for just over a year. Anyway we always saw him when Pete was on the trial at the Churchill as he attended the Renal Unit. Anyway he was awaiting a kidney transplant, and is going in to discuss having it done at the JR tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra please be careful today & don't do too much, it will be such a relief to close the door on it. Good luck.xxx
    All the cards are lovely such a varied selection.
    Janet please may I have roast pork & all trimmings.
    Lynda & Maria hope your aches & pains are not too bad hugs on way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a lovely selection of cards today. As I said to Sandra in my email I will looking at your cards and thinking - why didn’t I think of that. That is exactly what I thought, you are such an inspiring group of ladies, each card is lovely and so different . xx

    SANDRA please don’t go pushing yourself to hard today. You are cleaning up after the builders came in. That should not be your problem. I know MOD expect everything just perfect, you and Paul have worked yourself into the ground.
    A THOUGHT make sure they wipe there feet when they come in to do the inspection !!!

    Oh drat I’m going to have to be anonymous...... again.

    Have a good day everyone, hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS PAT on being on of this weeks winners on
      Sue W’s blog. xx

      Delete
    2. Hullo Mrs anonymous
      Great card and I love the Die you won on Sues blog. Wonder what I'll get this time, the butterflies just compliment the Die.

      Delete
  6. Hi everyone.
    All lovely cards today ladies. So different but all with the same winged theme.
    Sandra hope you've now shut the door on that chapter in your life and are ready eager and excited starting the new chapter. Hugs to youxxx
    PAT Well done on winning on Sues blog.
    Janet I bet sadly all the roast pork dinners have been sold today. I'll have to get here earlier next week. I suppose its another Weight Watchers meal for tea.
    Ive been making Mothers Day cards today and have left my craft room that was tidy when I walked into it, looking like a bombs hit it again. I'll be back in there tomorrow so I'll sort it out then. Why and how does it get in such a mess.
    LYNDA and MARIA hope you're both feeling a lot better.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val
      Great card today, love this style. check. We had roast beef today at Yarnton, hope you manage to finish your Mothers Day cards tomorrow. My craftroom is in such a mess I have to use the dining room table. Started to have a clear out yesterday, so I can get my light box out to use with my Groovi stuff.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Hopefully you'll be finished today at the bungalow, ready for handover tomorrow. They you can make a start in your new home after having a breather, because I suspect you and Paul are still not 100% fit.
    I saw on Facebook someone had bought a unit similar if not the same as yours that you ordered to put all your craft stuff in. It cost £2500, and yet someone showed units from Ikea that were less than half price than that one. A lot of money they paid out.
    Thanks everyone for saying I'm a comment winner on Sues blog as I hadn't been on the internet until we came back from lunch at Yarnton. Might just try Lechlade next week or so Pete says.
    Yippee we have no hospitals next week, but Pete does have an appointment with our Dr as she'd like to see him re all the treatment he's been having. She's rung him a few times before to see how he was getting on but wanted to see him in person. Funny how an appointment is readily available when they want to see you, but not when you want to see them.
    Lovely cards today ladies, and once again all of them different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon ladies.
    oh so many wonderful winged cards. Do believe the butterflies had their day to shine, be careful if Lynda is around tho for she might pinch one or two away :-)
    Lilian, love your art of the kingfisher and Brenda, such a pretty card. Well done everyone.
    Sandra, hope today is going fine and you can now start making memories in your lovely new house. Looking forward to the moving in party hihihih only joking :-)
    Pat, congrats for winning on Sue's blog.
    Sue-we got your mum's message so glad you ok and it is internet which keeps you away. Hope to see you back soon.
    Lynda- big hugs for you and CU. Hope you keeping warm going down to the beach with your little friends.
    Roast pork sound lovely but so late back, have been into town today so it will have to be fish and salad instead tonight. ww this morning told me to be better next week aargh only have to look at the cakes and they go on. Need a distraction like a new cc to keep my mind other than food.
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete