Monday 2 April 2018

Monday Challenge



Good Morning Ladies,

Well I have a completely different kind of challenge for you this week.......

I would like you to dig to the very bottom of you die collections and choose a die, it could be anything you have bought more than a year ago (roughly). I would then like you to makes card with Adding something new, that you have bought recently.

I used the Sue Wilson Background Die and mixed it with Stampin'Up! "Lots of Lovely' stamp, Berry Burst card, to embellish I used a few flowers from my stash and Berry Burst Metallic edged ribbon.
I think it works, I faffed about with so many different combinations I didn't end up finishing this card until 12:40am !

I forgot just how pretty and intricate some of these old dies were, I think we all forget to go further back in our die collections, we get a few new ones and slowly the older ones move further and further back. 
I do think that the dies "are" the card though, you don't put as much of your own creativity into a card like this, it's really all about embellishing the die cut.

You could use new inks with an old die, new stamp, or Digi image, Pat you could combine a piece of Groovi artwork with an old frame die.

It was lovely to read about your Easter Sunday, Paul and I didn't have any Easter Eggs, I always get one for the children but I personally think they are huge waste of money, much better off with a big bar of chocolate 1lb for £ !!
We did find a Fruit and Nut Toblerone that bought on the Ferry on the way home last year, some boxes still contain treasure !!! Haha, Paul looked like he'd hit the jackpot!

I hope you all have a lovely Holiday Monday, I don't think we are due any snow as forecast earlier in the week, I'm hoping there isn't any more rain either as the River Thames is about 500yards or so from our garden and it has already massively burst it's banks, flooding near by fields and gardens, the river is running so fast too.

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Morning
    What a good challenge this week. I hope I can get one done and then sent off. It will be latish Saturday night though as that's when we are back.
    The laptop his having to go back with us. It looks as its something to do with a windows 10 update that's causing the problems.

    Have a good day and all my love with hugs to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all,
    Sandra, lovely challenge and very pretty card.
    Back in my craft room today so a busy but very enjoyable day ahead.
    Hugs to all. Special ones for Lilian and John and anyone not feeling so good today.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a gorgeous card, such rich colours.
    What a really great challenge-I have SO many old Dies plus other stash that’s it’s going to make this challenge a difficult one!

    We went out for dinner with our relatives last night-we went to the Toby Carvery. The food was great but the service wasn’t but we had a lovely evening. We walked both ways and I think it helped Phils back although he’s shuffling about again this morning.

    We have snow/sleet here this morning so I’m heading into my craft room this morning then will spend the afternoon/evening watching Carry On films as I absolutely love them.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card SANDRA and this is a great challenge
    I must do a wedding card and maybe I wil use an old favourite for this....
    Yesterday was lovely I actually baked a carrot cake in my new oven - pictures of new kitchen will follow soon and then we met up with daughter and went dancing and had lots of cuddles with Oscar
    I have an added bonus today OH has today as his day off this week but I doubt we’ll do much
    I must make a card for a work colleague for tomorrow
    Have a good day and take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Palmer2 April 2018 at 09:57

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra great challenge as I made a card yesterday that fits exactly, thank you.xxx
    Cafe is open, may have lemon coconutcake for afternoon tea please come & join me.
    Hope all feeling under the weather feel better soon hugs on way to all love Margaret. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and Ladies,
    What a beautiful card. I love thie Berry Burst colour, it looks so rich, especially when used with white. Great challenge this week, I will have to dig deep to see what dies haven’t seen the light of day in years.
    I’m with you Sandra on Easter Eggs, you get far more chocolate for your money in a bar. Our girls always had so many Easter Eggs they seemed to last forever.

    Must get on my Sister is on her way, also Debbie and family are coming so we will have a house full.

    Have a great day everyone, Love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning all.
    No it is not a spelling mistake for I have just got up , not sure what happened because I didn't go to bed that late last night. We had a nice day together with some shredded lamb bought from Lidl which was very good and we did have some chocolate too. The favourites were the little mini eggs and Mr Choc. I can forget making anything today other then finish reading my book and watch some tv later on.
    Had to pop in tho to say what a stunning card you made Sandra and I do love that wonder of colour, berry burst. I love it !
    Hope you had a nice day whatever you have been doing and enjoy the evening. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Just lost long comment GRRRR
    SANDRA gorgeous card love the berry burst colour. Challenge looks good this week thank you 💐Xx
    Had a lovely day yesterday as my son Sam & Harry came for dinner.
    Harry was in a cuddly mood so I had lots of cuddles as sometime he doesn't want any mainly if he's tired he only wants his mum. He gave me two painting he did for me.
    PAT hope Hospital appoint go ok for Pete sending you both 🤗🤗Hug's xx
    BRENDA hope John is improving each day sending you both some Hugs 🤗🤗
    LILIAN hope your feeling better each day take care Hug's on the way🤗🤗xx
    Hope you all had a good Easter.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete