Sunday 1 October 2017

Your Challenge Cards


My Challenge Card

The Challenge

Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Here we are again on the best day of the week, 'why'? I hear you ask, the answer is..
Because I get to share 'YOUR' work and I find it so inspirational.

So let's get straight to it.......
Michele

Michele shared a card all the way from the USA! The Categories Michele chose are: 
Ribbon/Flowers/Embossing
A lovely shaped card Michele, a great card showing how to make a small stamped image fit a larger card with some clever matting and layering. Thank you for thinking about the challenge while you are on holiday my lovely.
XXX

Margaret

Margaret has used the 'Sketch' part of the challenge to create a beautiful Christmas card, all of the elements of your card work perfectly together, I love that shaped label punch, I see you have used my favourite 'Ribbon Border Punch' too, I have had to put mine away so I don't keep using it!! Haha.  I know you worked so hard to fit making this card in this week Margaret, thank you so very much, your effort truly is appreciated.
XXX

Lilian

Lilian, oh Lilian!! Your stamped/water coloured image is just so pretty, I think red, white and green make a PERFECT combination, please tell me what the stamp set is ? It looks like you have stamped onto linen effect card which gives a great textured look, Lilian chose the Categories. ..... Flowers/Embossing/water colour. Thank you so much Lilian.
XXX

Val

Val has designed a Christmas card for this week's challenge, choosing the Categories: Tags/Embossing/No patterned paper. I love your embossed background, did you use the 'Apple Blossom' folders?,  a pretty poinsettia set beautifully upon that pretty Spellbinders oval die, the large flag really tied the whole card together.  Thank you so much for taking part Val, I hope you have a fab trip to UK, I so wish you were going to be near enough for a quick meet up! Remember minimum clothes = more room for craft shopping!!! 
XXX

Karen

Karen made a 'fab-u-lous' birthday card for her 'Craft' friend 'Nicki', what girl doesn't love shoes?! Karen chose the Categories: Tags/Embossing/Twine                                     
Karen's description ..........
(Sorry I couldn't copy and paste so had to screen shot).
Fantastic Girly card Karen, thank you so much for taking part, I bet Nicki loved her card.
XXX

Janet

Janet has designed a stunning birthday card for this week's challenge using categories:                                                                 Embossing/Ribbon/Flowers
The floral paper you have used is absolutely gorgeous Janet, 
It can be hard to use something that busy on a card but teaming it with the Pinpoint Embossing works perfectly, I love the z fold card shape too.  An absolute stunner, thank you so much my lovely. 
XXX

Cheryl

Cheryl it is so lovely to have one of your fantastic cards in our line up this week, you have used the Sketch as well as the Categories: Tags and Embossing to make a fantastic Male card,
That football/boot die is amazing, such detail. It works perfectly with the background paper too.  Thank you so much for taking part this week.
XXX

Brenda

Brenda has made a beautiful Birthday card this week, she has used the Categories:
Embossing/Ribbon/Flowers
I might just have to buy that John Lockwood Frame Embossing Folder Brenda, it is lovely, I love how you have shaded the edges of the embossed area, leaving the centre highlighted which draws your eye into the sentiment, you have matched your gorgeous pink ribbon perfectly to the Felt Flowers, they are so tiny and so perfect, I love them.
Beautiful colour combination, beautiful card! Thank you so much for taking part my lovely.
XXX


What amazing cards this week, just look at that amazing display! You, my very dear friends, are flipping fantastic!! 
Thank you all again from the bottom of my 💓.

Lynda I do hope you are ok, sending lots of love and hugs xx

Gentle hugs to any of you that are under the weather XXX

I hope that all those friends that are on vacation are having a lovely relaxing time too.

Have a lovely Sunday

Love and hugs

Sandra 
xxxxxx




13 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Such a wonderful array of cards again this week. Such a variety of designs and colours. All perfect.
    Yes Sandra, I have used an Apple Blossom embossing folder. You get such a deep impression with the Gemini. Hope you're getting on well with yours. Sadly you're a bit far away for a visit but one of these fine days.

    Took Harvey to the vets yesterday. I really thought he'd dislocated his shoulder but it's a nasty abscess the size of a tennis ball and as hard as iron. The vets given him 2 injections and whether it has burst or not we still have to take him back on Tuesday. If a human had this they'd really be laid low but he's limping around and eating as normal. Amazing.
    On a nicer note we went to my favourite restaurant for lunch yesterday. As perfect as always and the deserts are to die for. They bring a big standing up blackboard to the table. There's about 20 deserts written on it - so hard to choose. In the end I picked White and milk chocolate cherry torte. OMG it was delicious. I really couldn't eat it all so brought it home to eat last night.

    Not much doing today. The washings in the machine, Gracies been walked so I'm getting my case out and packing the very few things I take. Fortunately I keep clothes and toiletries at my friends so I don't have to take them back. It's mainly Alcohol and Cigarettes, presents for my friends birthday and my Christmas cards to get stamps for. I put a small case in my big case. It keeps the breakables safer.

    Have a good Sunday everyone.
    Hugs to poorly friends.
    LYNDA hope you're ok.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Autumn has well and truly arrived hasn't it. It is still quite dark here and the roads/footpath is wet and very damp.

    Anyway what a way to brighten up a very dull morning just seeing all the beautiful CCs on the display board will cheer anyone and put a smile on faces.

    All are just beautiful and such hard work put into each and everyone.

    Hoping for a quiet day here. As yet no plans have been made for the day.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual and the heating is already on so it's nice and warm for you all. The lunch menu today is Roast Pork with all the trimmings so place your orders.

    HUGS are on their way to you all and have a really good Sunday. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Again a lot of beautiful cards and all so different Some great inspiration

    I did pop in late last night

    Crafting Live was good I managed to ask the questions on a couple of things and I bought a few bits - yarn from TOFT and a USB for ScanNcut Some lovely artisan stands were there selling beautiful cakes, big knitting ideas, jewellery etc Ot was lovely to see John Lockwood there demoing at Art of Craft
    Quite a few stands were the same as ALLY PALLY eg Pink Frog cards, Limetree, Craft Habitat
    I hope everyone is getting better and those away are able to relax and be a bit more pain free

    Taking MIL out for lunch today xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies.

    Love everybody's cards especially the poppy one and the one with the shoes. Who doesn't love shoes??? Lol.

    Didn't manage any cards yesterday was in bed or loo most of day. Went to the wedding reception for two hrs then had to ask g to take me home. Had to take ma high heels off as I had to keep legging it to the loo to be sick. Janice was upset that I'd came out when I was ill but I sent g back after he'd dropped me off as the venue I's only 10 mins down the road.
    Got another photo booth pic with me Janice , g and her uncle Jim to share. Thank god I had fake tan on or idve looked worse lol. I love these photo booths at functions. I'm guessing they are the in thing at the moment lol xx
    Anyways another day in bed methinks ready for work the morn boo hoo 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy Sorry to see that you're feeling I'll I hope you're feeling better soon Thank you for the lovely comment about my card I have made it a couple of times for young ladies. It was inspired by John Lockwood

      Delete
  5. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    Sorry I haven't commented for few days as I explained too Sandra on messenger that I'm not sure if it's anything to do with the flu jab I had Thursday but in afternoon I was going hot & cold & a bad upset tummy being sick extra.
    Just kept falling a sleep & going to the loo. I didn't manage my CC half finished.
    I love all you cards each & everyone's gorgeous. LILLIAN I love that poppy stamp what's it called please it's so lovely.JANET your cards on Saturday were beautiful &other book you made Sandra really stunning. TRACY your cards on Saturday also stunning my favourite was first one. Janice cake was amazing she should be very proud of it.KAREN your new storage boxes are great The draws look very deep should get lots in them.
    Thank you all for your well wishes I'm still not 100 % haven't got any energy.
    We have horrible weather today heavy rain & very strong winds can't believe we are now in October so I better start doing some Christmas cards but Christmas mojo not very festive at the momen.VAL sorry Harvey isn't well with big abscess your poor cat. Hope packing goes well. PAT hope your enjoying your day's away & weather is kind for you. Also your hand & leg hope they are less painful now. Enjoy the steam 🚂 train day. Hope Pete is ok too.
    MICHELE glad your enjoying your holiday. Have a good day at craft shops ( not jealous 😂lol ). MARIA enjoy your few days away hope the weather gods are kind too you.
    Well I'm going for a shower and try & brighten myself up try &a pop back later
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda. Sorry you're not so good. An afternoon in front of the TV keeping nice and warm sounds like what you need.
      Take care.xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Lynda,
      Sorry you are feeling poorly, I hope Capt.U is looking after you well which I am sure he is. Take it easy hraling hugs on way.xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi All, family just caught train back to London, had a lovely weekend with them.

    Great lot of cards to day, love them all, the stamp I used is a clear set from penny black called blooming garden, not the easiest of stamps to use as only vague lines, it is one a borrowed from my friend. The grasses are called natures paintbrushes a rubber stamp this time again from penny black.

    Hope you all have a lovely day, it’s very wet here, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    What a beautiful display of CC all so different, I love all of them.

    Not a lot happening here today, just as well really as my energy level has gone walk about, I'm usually busy about the house and garden in the daytime, then in the evening I sit down, but lately I'm ready for a sit down at anytime.

    Hope everyone is having a lovely day sending love to everyone.
    Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your body is still recuperating from the cold you have been suffering with so I guess you will becomes tired, you also had a crazy couple of weeks, going out or entertaining everyday, which maybe why you got the cold. Just sit down and relax my lovely, make the most of the peace and quiet xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Brenda,
      I know exactly how you feel, hope you take it easy for a few days, remember we are not as young as we were.ha ha. Hugs on way.xxx

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra & all,
    Sandra once again a lovely lot of cards, cannot say which is favourite. Looking forward to this weeks challenge.xxx
    Late again I had friend call in this morning for coffee, then this afternoon spent some sat in my new car, new to me anyway.
    It has so many bells & whistles I shall never learn them, still no further forward.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete