Monday 12 March 2018

Monday Sketch Challenge


Good Morning Ladies,

A nice easy sketch for this week's challenge, at least it looks easy, I think it could work with just about any occasion so should fit in with any occasion.  Don't forget you can turn it on its side, upside down or back to front if you like,whatever makes it easier for you.  I hope you like the Challenge, we haven't done a straight forward sketch for a while, I can't wait to see your cards.

We had a lovely day yesterday, we went to IKEA and bought a wardrobe and a mattress for the spare room, choosing a mattress is a nightmare, I have never bounced on so many beds in my life, it pays to try them though as one of them I could feel the wood underneath and one of the sprung mattresses almost made me sea sick!
We have to update ours this year, I'm not looking forward to that, as I am super picky, a bit like the 'Princess and the Pea', I don't even like wrinkled sheets, crumbs in the bed is simply unthinkable!!  Our current mattress is really deep and we have a big memory foam topper too, but we have had it more than the recommended 8 years, quite a bit more to be honest but the topper gave it a new lease of life. Having said that IKEA guarantee their mattresses for 25 years! 

I am also happy to report that Becca and Lucy made an absolutely amazing roast beef dinner, beautifully cooked beef, really crispy roast potatoes, Lucy made amazing Yorkshire pudding and cauliflower and broccoli cheese, the veg was perfectly cooked too, Paul was in kitchen most of the time ''supervising' as this new oven is a little bit fierce.  It was so lovely having everyone sat round the table together, that in itself was the perfect mother's Day treat. 
I got a lovely silk scarf and Yankee candle from Rebecca and chocolates, flowers and craft spending money from the others, I felt thoroughly spoilt.  
I got a bonus card too from Danielle, while we were at a craft day last year I was nagging Danielle for something (messing around) and she was being really so caring and supportive to me, getting my drinks and taking me to the ladies etc, while we were sat chatting in a group of ladies one of them commented "you two have such an amazing relationship for a Mother and Daughter" !!! 
We both burst out laughing, I would have had Danielle when I was 15 but it could have been worse!! She does look really young though so maybe it was that rather than me looking old! Hahaha.  
So since then she has called me Mum, so she made me a Mother's Day card, it's beautiful I will share it in the week, I have to say I would be very proud to call her my daughter! She is a truly wonderful friend. 

Well I am off into my craft room for the day!!! You have no idea how amazing it is to say that sentence!! 

Michele I hope you can still enjoy your week off, I was so sad to see you had to cancel your Dublin trip but poor Phil wouldn't have been able to enjoy it. I hope you get to re-book it soon. Let's hope the appointment on Wednesday brings some quick results for Phil, it seems wrong that he should suffer in pain.  Maybe see you in the craft room later ??? XXX

Have a lovely day ladies, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

21 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Interesting sketch-as you say, this could be used for absolutely any occasion. I probably will meet you in your craft room later as it’s raining really heavy here & it’s forecast for the whole day so we won’t be venturing out.
    We’re very disappointed about not being able to go to Dublin-what a faff it’s been changing the flights! Let’s hope the Consultant has some answers on Wednesday when we go to the hospital.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, what a shame you having to cancel your trip. Maybe Phil will feel like having a couple of day trips, weather permitting. So hope their will be some news on Wednesday. Enjoy your craft day.x

      Delete
    2. That is such a shame but it will give you something to look forward to once Phil feels better I hope the consultant can help on Wednesday Enjoy your crafting with Sandra!

      Delete
    3. Hi Michele. Sorry that you and Phil have had to postpone/cancel your trip. Fingers will be crossed on Wednesday for a quick cure for Phil x

      Delete
    4. Hi Michele
      I’m sorry to hear you’ve had to cancel your trip to Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช. But hopefully you’ll hear better news when Phil goes to the hospital. Better to be safe than sorry though.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Well it's absolutely pouring down here and certainly not a nice way to start another week.

    SANDRA- an interesting Challenge and so I'll be putting on my thinking cap and see what happens.

    MICHELE- sorry you've had to cancel your trip but I'm sure you'll enjoy it later.

    order of the day for me is Mr Tesco as usual, Jim has already taken the car for a service and it has to be finished by lunch time as he starts his week of chauffeur today so I'm thinking I might just get some time at my craft table.

    The CAFE is OPEN and ready. I've put a bucket by the door for your brollies lol. HUGS are on their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      It’s been raining ☔️ most of the day here as well. Good job I was in school this afternoon.
      I hope Jim’s car ๐Ÿš˜ service wasn’t to painful moneywise. Does your friend know how his treatment is going. Sometimes like Pete’s they can’t tell until it’s finished. Well they can’t for the cancer in his bones anyway.

      Delete
  3. Morning all
    Good challenge Sandra. It will fit so many occasions.
    Hope everyone had a good day yesterday and those who are mums had lots of treats.
    Just waiting for Pip my window cleaner to arrive. Don't these months fly by? Then we have to take Olive back to the vet.It lovely and sunny here so I'm hoping to get in the garden later and start tidying. So many weeds are coming up through the paving stones and a few bushes definitely need a trim.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you're up to.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val
      Would you mind sending a bit of your warm weather over to us please, as it’s still quite cold over here and rather wet. Hope Olive is ok

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely day SANDRA
    I did too Seeing Oscar was a real boost For some silly reason I felt more emotional than other years I don’t know
    Great challenge I will hopefully have a play tomorrow OH is at home today and we’re going to the zoo this afternoon Dancing this evening
    Take care all and stay dry xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounded if you had some niceish weather today if you were off to the Zoo. Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š your dancing ๐Ÿ’ƒ this evening.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    Looks like google is now not letting me publish.
    Wrote quite a long post as well
    Glad you had a productive day yesterday Sandra and enjoyed your Sunday ๐Ÿฅ˜ dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well how odd it’s just let me publish this comment. ๐Ÿคžfingers crossed it doesn’t start playing up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone.
    Seem like you had a nice day and a good sunday roast by the girls. Promise if you come to MK's Ikea that you take the ladies with you and we can meet up for some meatballs. We bought a mattress some years ago and never liked it so it is important to test them out, think if you not happy that Ikea swap them for free as well.
    Raining here as well but had a walk around the lake so back home I could jump in the shower direct.
    Like the sketch so we will see what will be Lol Going to read and have a mug of tea now so I pop in later to see you all ok. Take care. Hugs Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought a Silentnight foam mattress and we’re quite happy with it, they come rolled up so you have to let them breath before you can sleep ๐Ÿ˜ด on them.

      Delete
  8. Margaret Palmer12 March 2018 at 12:59

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra sounds as if you had a good day yesterday. The CC looks interesting this week, it will be Wednesday before I can do it.xxx
    I am trying to finish the book for book club which tonight so will wish all who look in well, & send hugs to all who feel under the weather love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Interesting sketch today, will get thinking cap on. I also have a silver wedding anniversary card to make before the weekend. So must get my brain planning both cards.

    Your Mothers Day sounds lovely Sandra, the roast beef being the absolute treat, just the sort of day that memories are made of. Good luck searching for a new mattress. When we were looking for a replacement one for our bed we found an extra deep one (think it’s 13”) then had problems finding 13” deep fitted sheets, but obviously did and I have to say it is very comfortable. Daughter ended getting the same mattress after checking ours out.

    Mother’s Day was very funny, I had bought both daughters an Orchid from M & S. They in turn had only bought the identical Orchid but a different colour to the ones I had, also their cards were identical. We all had a good laugh.

    Have a good day everyone, hugs Brenda xxx



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda
      You must all be telepathic. For your daughters as well to get the same cards for you.

      Delete
  10. Hi All, wet again.

    Sandra great sketch, hopefully I’ll get one done, have family coming at the weekend, also hospital app.

    Sounds as though you all had a lovely Mothering Sunday, I had a silk scarf printed from a Van Gogh design, beautiful turquoise colour.Also some textiles art books.

    Have a good evening all, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafรฉ today.
    I hope to be sitting at my craft desk (still find it hard to believe that I have my very own craft space now ๐Ÿ˜) until later in the week to make my CC but the sketch looks like a good one. I know you have really missed being able to craft as it's not just a hobby for you. I'm so glad you had a lovely day yesterday topped off by a yummy meal cooked by your girls.
    I hope everyone has a good week, it is going to be a wet one according for most of us isn't it ๐Ÿ˜ž Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandra & everyone
    I commented this morning but wouldn't publish so fingers crossed .
    Sandra glad you enjoyed Mother's Day & spoilt by the girls cooking dinner.
    I had a lovely day Lisa Ian & Joseph Darren Sam & Harry. Lisa did a lovely roast dinner. Lisa gave me some flowers a Joanna sheen voucher & a double photo frame with picture of me with Lisa at age 4 & Darren at age 3 it was was lovely.
    Darren & Sam gave me some perfume picture of Harry in a frame & big bunch of tulips chosen by Harry. So had a brilliant day.
    Went for ๐Ÿ’‰blood test this morning had to go & buy a new vase for my ๐Ÿ’Flowers haha. I was In craft room this afternoon putting things on Ebay. Things I got from Margaret takes ages.
    LoveLynda xx

    ReplyDelete